Updated: Oct 18, 2021
Here are my top 7 reasons why I love lifestyle newborn sessions so much:
1. No Need to Travel: This is the first and most obvious reason why having your newborn photographed at home with a lifestyle photographer is the most appealing. When you’re a new mum, the last thing you want to do is get out and commute all the way to a studio with a one-week-old baby.
2. Comfort of home: You are adjusting to a new life and the baby is adapting to its new home; this can be a challenging transition period and you certainly do not need to add any extra stress. A newborn lifestyle session takes place in your environment, where you are most comfortable and relaxed, and so is baby.
3. Personal Home Surroundings: There is nothing more unique than having a session at your home. It just screams you and your uniquely designed and curated space will make your gallery look completely different, special and unique from every family that has also booked a newborn photographer. So many newborn portraits have the same background, with the same blankets and the same props, but when you have a lifestyle session at your home, you’re incorporating the aspects of you and your loved ones that no studio has.
4. The home you brought your baby to: Maybe this is your chosen forever dream home. Or maybe this is your home in this chapter of life. Either way this is the home, the home you brought your new family member to in the first days of life. You’ll always remember this space.
5. Flexible schedule: A newborn session should generally take place within the first 2 weeks after birth, however a lifestyle session is much more flexible. I can document this special time with your baby at 1 week, 3 weeks or even 2 months.
6. Outfit Changes are Easier: Everything you own is already at home, which makes clothing changes and last-minute decisions a whole lot easier.
7. Siblings are Comfortable: Sibling shots can be the trickiest to capture during a newborn session. Oftentimes the focus has been on your newborn, and we want to make sure we include your son(s)/daughter(s) as much as we can in this shared experience together!